Sunday 20 July 2014

Time to wake up!


It was a long time ago. I was carefree.

As years passed, something changed. I don’t know what. I don’t know how. I am not complaining. Change is good. I believe. But growing up took away something. Something. What? When? How?

Now I know! Maybe I had forgotten to let go. Let go of the things that hurt me, the people who let me down, or the ones who did not stand by. But wasn’t it a very long time ago? Yes indeed. And I had forgotten to forgive. I never realized how essential forgiveness is!

What is “forgiveness”? – The act of letting the negative emotions rest and goodness prevail. Not too big a deal, is it? A bit challenging though. It takes a lot to come to terms with the fact that your expectations were not met. I had completely dismissed the idea of crossing these barriers. Sometime or the other, you have to take a leap …if not now, when?

Life is a journey. You meet people. You love a few, you don’t love the others. The ones you love hurt you, you hurt a few, and a few just part ways – Rightly said. But there’s more to these words. You need to ask yourself … wasn't there a time when you were absolutely crazy about those few? When they were there for you, and you sure had one hell of a time! The crazy laughters! A hundred memories!

It is okay if things change. It is okay if you lose contact. It is okay if you fight. It is okay if you don’t talk. It is not okay to give up everything for a silly argument, or a series of bad days! It is dumb to not ignore the silly things, and move ahead … past all that. Because, well you are growing up. And this is a major part of it.

I was so engrossed in meeting new people, loving the new ones and giving them a place in my life, that I had completely forgotten about how lucky I was to have those others. It is okay that they did not make it to this present state. Surely, they played their parts well.

I still don’t know how things change so much. We let it change actually. Because otherwise, no one can dictate terms. We, human beings have always been such dictators ourselves. We are so busy moving ahead, racing the life’s race; we lose sight of the little things that make sense then, thinking that it can be repaired …later on.

Well, it cannot be repaired. Never. There is no “later” …because, some things cannot be repaired. But the broken pieces can be cleaned, so that there is no mess around. It is clean. It is so much easier to live when it is all taken care of. What is life with mess everywhere?

Sometimes we do feel we are losing it. And maybe we really are. But sooner than late, it gets better. There is always a better plan. Tonight, as I remember all the many people who made a difference to me …I want to thank them …for their parts in my life. This one goes out to them! All you people are beautiful.

Maybe, I just woke up. Finally! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment